NC2 is composed of 10 mg of native type II collagen (undenatured) and 12 mg vitamin C (15% RI**).
Cartilage is a specialised connective tissue formed by chondrocytes within an extracellular matrix made of glycosaminoglycans and collagen.
The skeleton contains three main types of cartilage:
1. Hyaline cartilage is itself divided into 2 categories
• Articular cartilage: this is present at the junction of two bones, on the surface of moving joints such as the knee. With the help of the synovial fluid, the articular cartilage, prevents bony surfaces from rubbing together. It must be sufficiently rigid, while at the same time remaining flexible in order to evenly distribute pressure over the joint.
• Non-articular cartilage: this is present in the nasal septum, the rings of the bronchi and trachea, the ends of the ribs, etc.
2. Fibrocartilage is an intermediary tissue between the cartilage and fibrous connective tissue.
3. As for elastic cartilage, this is found at the outer ear, the epiglottis, etc. For improved joint comfort, mobility, and the resulting ability to carry out various daily activities, it is important to preserve high cartilage quality (and function).
Native type II collagen The type II collagen present in NC2 is achieved through a unique patented process at low temperature which ensures quality. This type of process allows type II collagen retaining its original structure: the form of a triple helix having kept its epitopes.
Vitamin C contributes to collagen formation for the function of cartilage. It is involved in many functions.