The hydrolipidic film and the natural flora of the scalp constitute an “ecosystem” which can be disturbed by several internal and external factors, leading to skin itching, prickling or other irritations. The Shampoo for Sensitive Scalp soothes, respects and hydrates sensitive scalp.
- Gently cleanses, respects and hydrates sensitive scalp thanks to honey and prickly pear.
- Helps in the soothing of micro-irritations and minimizes itching thanks to lavender, honey, prickly pear, calendula and chamomile.
- Relieves from irritations thanks to lavender and chamomile organic essential oils.
- Protects hair and scalp against the adverse effects of the environment by maintaining the balance of the scalp bio-flora thanks the Bio Cotton Protection System (cotton bloom extract + oligosaccharide + arginine).
- Ideal for use in between special treatments.
- DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED
- Free of SLES, a surfactant that can cause, with frequent use, scalp irritations and excessive sebum production.
Natural Infusion Base
APIVITA replaces water with organic infusions, like green tea, that give its products mainly antioxidant attributes. Given that most cosmetics’ water content exceeds 70%, APIVITA products are antioxidant-rich in their base. The effectiveness of the infusions selected in each case is proven through scientific methods. The antioxidant action of the infusions is measured through the FRAP method, while their capacity to eliminate free radicals through the DPPH method. Over the past few years, APIVITA has been studying and using infusions from Greek medicinal herbs with well-proven, exceptional antioxidant effects, such as organic rosemary. Known for its antioxidant and toning attributes, rosemary is mainly used in hair care products as it stimulates the formation of the hair follicle, while it acts effectively against dandruff.
Bio Cotton Protection System
The natural complex Bio Cotton Protection System is an exclusive innovation from the laboratories of APIVITA that acts as a shield for both hair and scalp, as it strengthens and repairs the hair cuticle from damages (external factors, chemical processes and stress) that cause split ends and breakage. At the same time, it strengthens the natural defense mechanisms of the skin and scalp, maintains the balance of the bio-flora against external factors and enhances hair hydration and smoothness. Bio Cotton Protection System is a combination of three active ingredients of plant and biotechnological origin. More specifically it consists of:
- Cotton bloom extract, a phyto-complex consisting of 7 oligosaccharides extracted from cotton honeydew and that include fructose, glucose, inositol, melezitose, saccharose, trehalose and trehalulose.
- Arginine, an amino acid that is vital to many metabolic processes.
- Bioeccolia, a prebiotic oligosaccharide obtained from natural sugars (sucrose and maltose) and formed through an enzymatic synthesis process.