Description of Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment
Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment provides strong soothing night-time relief of dry eye sensations, as it acts as a barrier against moisture loss. Ideal for use at bedtime. Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment provides soothing relief from the symptoms of dry eyes, such as soreness, irritation or a gritty sensation. Dry eye symptoms occur as a result of ocular surface disorders that can be caused by a number of different reasons where the normal tears are either of poor quality or produced in too little quantity to keep the eye sufficiently moist. There is no age restriction for using Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment. Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment may be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment is a multi-dose preservative free white, translucent, free from foreign matters soft ointment for night-time relief of dry eye sensations. The pack contains 5 g of sterile eye ointment.
Use of Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment
Apply a thin line of ointment about half an inch (1 centimeter), placed in each eye whenever needed, as directed below: Before opening a new tube of Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment, please check that the safety ring on the cap of the tube is unbroken.
1. Rotate the cap anticlockwise to break the seal
2. Wash and dry your hands well before use
3. Remove the outer cap
4. If you are a contact lens wearer remove your lenses
5. Tilt your head back and look up
6. Gently pull down the lower lid of the eye to form a small pocket between your eyelid and your eye
7. Hold the tube between the thumb and middle finger of the other hand, turn the tube upside down near to the eye, and try not to touch the eye with the nozzle
8. Apply enough pressure to the tube to release a thin line of ointment about half an inch (1 centimetre), or as directed by your doctor, pharmacist or optician
9. Blink your eye a few times
10. If you missed the eye, then insert another line of ointment
11. Carefully wipe away any excess Xailin Night around the eyelid with a tissue
12. Repeat the process for the other eye, if required
13. Replace the outer cap on the container, trying not touch the applicator tip with anything, including the eye or your fingers
14. Leave at least 30 minutes between administrations of any other ophthalmic drugs
If you are unsure about how to use Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment or if your eye conditions persist, consult your doctor, pharmacist or optician.
Ingredients Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment
Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment contains white soft paraffin 57.3% w/w, white mineral oil 42.5% w/w and lanolin alcohols 0.2% w/w, which produce a transparent, lubricating and moistureretaining film on the surface of the eye.
• Do not use if the safety ring on the cap of the tube is broken • Do not use if you are allergic to lanolin alcohols or any of the ingredients • Do not use with contact lenses • Do not share Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment with any other person • Xailin Night Lubricating Eye Ointment can cause transient mild burning sensation and or blurring of vision after application. Wait until your vision is clear before driving or using machinery • Do not use after the expiry date shown on the carton or printed on the crimp of the tube • Store between 1°C and 25°C • Discard the contents 28 days after first opening • Keep out of the reach and sight of children • External ocular use only, do not swallow • Dispose of the used tube according to your local waste management regulations