Your mouth is incredible. Just think about it, you do so much with it, and more importantly, you do so much to it, all day – every day.
Every single thing you put into your mouth is covered in germs. There could be as many as seven billion bacteria in your mouth at any one time. That’s so many, that not even brushing can get rid of them all – eurgh.
But don’t worry, keeping your mouth at its extraordinary best isn’t as hard as you may think. Use LISTERINE® after brushing and POW, you’ll feel it working away – giving you the deepest clean of any daily use mouthwash, keeping your mouth in top condition – whatever you put it through.
LISTERINE® – power to your mouth.
Brushing only cleans 60% of the surfaces of your teeth leaving plaque bacteria to grow in the hard to reach places in your mouth.
Used twice daily LISTERINE® COOLMINT is proven to:
Kills up to 97% of germs left behind after brushing.
By up to 56% more than brushing alone.
Provide fresh breath protection
For up to 24 hours.
Maintain healthy gums
Kills germs above and below the gum line to keep gums healthy
What causes bad breath?
Bad breath can be caused by things we subject our mouths to everyday, like alcohol, coffee and smoking. It can also be caused by oral health issues like dental decay, gum disease, catarrh, excessive bacterial activity in the mouth and throat, tonsil infection, food trapped between teeth and even a dry mouth.
Beat bad breath
It doesn’t take long to make up our minds about whether we like someone or not, so that first ‘hello’ may be even more important than you thought. Keeping your breath smelling fresh only requires a little bit of effort on your part; use a mouthwash like LISTERINE® in the morning and evening to help reduce bad breath by killing bacteria in the hard-to-reach places.
• 15-30% of the adult population suffers from bad breath on a regular basis
• In nine out of ten instances, bad breath comes from bacterial activity in the mouth.
• 85% of British people feel that bad breath could have a negative impact on career opportunities.*
*PTYM Study 2011
What else can I do?
• Use dental floss/interdental brushes after brushing to clean between your teeth.
• Make sure you clean right to the back of your tongue.
• Drink plenty of fluids (but try to avoid too much coffee).
• Chew sugar-free gum, especially when your mouth feels dry.
• Eat fresh, fibrous vegetables such as carrots and broccoli – they can help clean your teeth.